The 'Traveler' represents any individual who uses transportation services. The interfaces to the traveler provide general pre-trip and en-route information supporting trip planning, personal guidance, and requests for assistance in an emergency that are relevant to all transportation system users. It also represents users of a public transportation system and addresses interfaces these users have within a transit vehicle or at transit facilities such as roadside stops and transit centers.
This physical object does not have any functionality defined in ARC-IT, as it exists outside the system functional boundary.
This physical object is included in the following Service Packages:
- PS04: Mayday Notification
- PS10: Wide-Area Alert
- PS14: Disaster Traveler Information
- PS15: Stolen Vehicle Recovery
- PT03: Dynamic Transit Operations
- PT04: Transit Fare Collection Management
- PT05: Transit Security
- PT08: Transit Traveler Information
- PT11: Transit Pedestrian Indication
- PT12: Transit Vehicle at Station/Stop Warnings
- PT15: Transit Stop Request
- PT16: Route ID for the Visually Impaired
- TI01: Broadcast Traveler Information
- TI02: Personalized Traveler Information
- TI03: Dynamic Route Guidance
- TI04: Infrastructure-Provided Trip Planning and Route Guidance
- TI05: Travel Services Information and Reservation
- TI06: Dynamic Ridesharing and Shared Use Transportation
- VS17: Traffic Code Dissemination
This physical object has the following security levels for the associated service packages.
|Physical Object Security|
|Security Class||Confidentiality||Integrity||Availability||Service Package|
|Security levels have not been defined yet.|
Currently, there are no standards associated with the physical object itself though the interfaces may have standards associated with them. For standards related to interfaces, see the specific information flow triple pages.