Type: Other System
Other ITS Roadway Equipment
Representing another set of ITS Roadway Equipment, 'Other ITS Roadway Equipment' supports 'field device' to 'field device' communication and coordination, and provides a source and destination for information that may be exchanged between ITS Roadway Equipment. The interface enables direct coordination between field equipment. Examples include the direct interface between sensors and other roadway devices (e.g., Dynamic Message Signs) and the direct interface between roadway devices (e.g., between a Signal System Master and Signal System Local equipment) or a connection between an arterial signal system master and a ramp meter controller.
This physical object does not have any functionality defined in ARC-IT, as it exists outside the system functional boundary.
This physical object is included in the following Service Packages:
- MC03: Roadway Automated Treatment
- ST06: HOV/HOT Lane Management
- TM01: Infrastructure-Based Traffic Surveillance
- TM03: Traffic Signal Control
- TM04: Connected Vehicle Traffic Signal System
- TM05: Traffic Metering
- TM06: Traffic Information Dissemination
- TM08: Traffic Incident Management System
- TM12: Dynamic Roadway Warning
- TM16: Reversible Lane Management
- TM19: Roadway Closure Management
- TM20: Variable Speed Limits
- TM22: Dynamic Lane Management and Shoulder Use
- TM24: Tunnel Management
- TM25: Wrong Way Vehicle Detection and Warning
- TM26: Signal Enforcement
This physical object has the following security levels for the associated service packages.
Currently, there are no standards associated with the physical object itself though the interfaces may have standards associated with them. For standards related to interfaces, see the specific information flow triple pages.