'Vehicles' represents the external view of individual vehicles. It includes vehicle physical characteristics such as height, width, length, weight, and other properties (e.g., magnetic properties, number of axles) of individual vehicles that can be sensed and measured or classified. This physical object represents the physical properties of vehicles that can be sensed by vehicle-based or infrastructure-based sensors to support vehicle automation and traffic sensor systems. The analog properties provided by this terminator represent the sensor inputs that are used to detect and assess vehicle(s) within the sensor's range to support safe AV operation and/or safe traffic management.
This physical object does not have any functionality defined in ARC-IT, as it exists outside the system functional boundary.
This physical object is included in the following Service Packages:
- VS01: Autonomous Vehicle Safety Systems
- VS02: V2V Basic Safety
- VS03: Situational Awareness
- VS04: V2V Special Vehicle Alert
- VS06: Stop Sign Gap Assist
- VS08: Queue Warning
- VS09: Reduced Speed Zone Warning / Lane Closure
- VS11: Oversize Vehicle Warning
- VS13: Intersection Safety Warning and Collision Avoidance
- VS14: Cooperative Adaptive Cruise Control
- VS15: Infrastructure Enhanced Cooperative Adaptive Cruise Control
- VS16: Automated Vehicle Operations
|Vehicles||vehicle characteristics||ITS Roadway Equipment|
|Vehicles||vehicle characteristics||Vehicle OBE|
This physical object has the following security levels for the associated service packages.
|Physical Object Security|
|Security Class||Confidentiality||Integrity||Availability||Service Package|
|Security levels have not been defined yet.|
Currently, there are no standards associated with the physical object itself though the interfaces may have standards associated with them. For standards related to interfaces, see the specific information flow triple pages.