Maint and Constr Vehicle OBE
The 'Maint and Constr Vehicle OBE' resides in a maintenance, construction, or other specialized service vehicle or equipment and provides the processing, storage, and communications functions necessary to support highway maintenance and construction. All types of maintenance and construction vehicles are covered, including heavy equipment, supervisory vehicles, unmanned remote controlled field maintenance robots, and sensory platforms that may be wheeled or low altitude aerial vehicles (e.g. drones, balloons). The MCV OBE provides two-way communications between drivers/operators and dispatchers and maintains and communicates current location and status information. A wide range of operational status is monitored, measured, and made available, depending on the specific type of vehicle or equipment. A snow plow for example, would monitor whether the plow is up or down and material usage information. The Maint and Constr Vehicle OBE may also contain capabilities to monitor vehicle systems to support maintenance of the vehicle itself. A separate 'Vehicle OBE' physical object supports the general vehicle safety and driver information capabilities that apply to all vehicles, including maintenance and construction vehicles. The Maint and Constr Vehicle OBE supplements these general capabilities with capabilities that are specific to maintenance and construction vehicles.
This physical object is included in the following Service Packages:
- MC01: Maintenance and Construction Vehicle and Equipment Tracking
- MC02: Maintenance and Construction Vehicle Maintenance
- MC04: Winter Maintenance
- MC05: Roadway Maintenance and Construction
- MC06: Work Zone Management
- MC07: Work Zone Safety Monitoring
- MC09: Infrastructure Monitoring
- MC10: Asset Tracking
- MC11: Maintenance and Construction Signal Priority
- MC12: One-Way Convoy Driving
- TI07: In-Vehicle Signage
- TM19: Roadway Closure Management
- VS04: V2V Special Vehicle Alert
- VS17: Management of Electronic Traffic Regulations (METR)
- WX01: Weather Data Collection
This physical object has the following security levels for the associated service packages.
Currently, there are no standards associated with the physical object itself though the interfaces may have standards associated with them. For standards related to interfaces, see the specific information flow triple pages.