Physical Object: Connected Vehicle Roadside Equipment
RSE Speed Warning
'RSE Speed Warning' notifies connected vehicles that are approaching a reduced speed zone, providing: (1) the zone's current posted speed limit and (2) any roadway configuration changes associated with the reduced speed zone (e.g., lane closures, lane shifts) if applicable, and (3) associated warning information (i.e., the reason for the reduced speed warning). Configuration parameters that define the applicable speed limit(s), geographic location and extent of the reduced speed zone, and roadway configuration information are received from a center or provided through a local interface. The characteristics of individual vehicles may also be monitored and used to warn vehicles with specific limitations that reduce safe operating speeds, (e.g., rollover risk for tall vehicles). This functional object works in conjunction with the 'Roadway Speed Monitoring and Warning' functional object, which uses traditional ITS field equipment to warn non-equipped vehicles.
This functional object is included in the "Connected Vehicle Roadside Equipment" physical object.
This functional object is included in the following service packages:
- VS05: Curve Speed Warning
- VS09: Reduced Speed Zone Warning / Lane Closure
- WX03: Spot Weather Impact Warning
This functional object is mapped to the following Functional View PSpecs:
- 188.8.131.52: Collect Vehicle Roadside Safety Data
- 184.108.40.206: Process Collected Vehicle Safety Data
- 1.1.6: Collect Vehicle Traffic Surveillance Data
- 1.1.7: Collect Vehicle Environmental Data
- 220.127.116.11: Process In-vehicle Signage Data
- 18.104.22.168: Process Vehicle Safety and Environmental Data for Output
- 22.214.171.124: Provide Short Range Traveler Information
- 126.96.36.199: Collect Connected Vehicle Field Equipment Status
|01||The field element shall provide the reduced speed zone current posted speed limit as established by the controlling center and any roadway configuration changes associated with the reduced speed zone (e.g., lane closures, lane shifts).|
|02||The field element shall provide a warning to a vehicle whose speed has been detected to be over the posted speed limit.|
|03||The field element shall provide vehicles with about speed reductions, lane closures or roadway configuration changes.|
Currently, there are no standards associated with the functional object itself though the interfaces may have standards associated with them.