Physical Object: Connected Vehicle Roadside Equipment
RSE Intersection Management
'RSE Intersection Management' uses short range communications to support connected vehicle applications that manage signalized intersections. It communicates with approaching vehicles and ITS infrastructure (e.g., the traffic signal controller) to enhance traffic signal operations. Coordination with the ITS infrastructure also supports conflict monitoring to ensure the RSE output and traffic signal control output are consistent and degrade in a fail safe manner.
This functional object is included in the "Connected Vehicle Roadside Equipment" physical object.
This functional object is included in the following service packages:
- CVO06: Freight Signal Priority
- MC11: Maintenance and Construction Signal Priority
- PS03: Emergency Vehicle Preemption
- PT09: Transit Signal Priority
- ST02: Eco-Traffic Signal Timing
- ST08: Eco-Approach and Departure at Signalized Intersections
- TM04: Connected Vehicle Traffic Signal System
- VS15: Infrastructure Enhanced Cooperative Adaptive Cruise Control
This functional object is mapped to the following Functional View PSpecs:
- 22.214.171.124: Collect Vehicle Roadside Safety Data
- 126.96.36.199: Process Collected Vehicle Safety Data
- 1.1.6: Collect Vehicle Traffic Surveillance Data
- 188.8.131.52: Manage Local Signal Priority Requests
- 184.108.40.206: Process Intersection Safety Data
- 220.127.116.11: Process In-vehicle Signage Data
- 18.104.22.168: Process Vehicle Safety and Environmental Data for Output
- 1.5.10: Collect Vehicle Emissions Messages
|The field element shall communicate with passing vehicles to provide the current signal phase and timing information for all lanes and approaches at a signalized intersection.
|The field element shall send the request for emergency vehicle preemption to a traffic signal controller that results in preemption of the current control plan and grants right-of-way to the requesting vehicle.
|The field element shall send the infrastructure application status to the operations center.
|The field element shall receive signal prioity requests from commercial vehicles and forward to the traffic signal controller.
|The field element shall receive transit signal priority requests from transit vehicles and forward to the traffic signal controller.
|The field element shall receive emergency vehicle preemption requests from emergency vehicles and forward to the traffic signal controller.
|The field element shall determine when special vehicles requesting preemption or priority at a signal are authorized to do so based on their digital credentials.
|The field element shall send a signal service request to the traffic signal controller when its application status determines the need for a signal change.
|The field element shall collect current signal phase and timing data from the traffic signal controller.
|The field element shall receive signal prioity requests from maintenance and construction vehicles and forward to the traffic signal controller.
Currently, there are no standards associated with the functional object itself though the interfaces may have standards associated with them.